In St Denis’ Primary School we work together, as a team, to provide a safe and nurturing learning environment where every member of our school community feels that they belong and that their lives and experiences are valued and respected. It is our vision that every child should be supported and encouraged to be the very best they can be, in every aspect of their development. We recognise the importance of working in close partnership with external agencies in order to ensure that all of our children are safe, healthy, achieving, nurtured, active, respected, responsible and included, in order to grow and develop as successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors.
The shared values in our school are reflected in its ethos based on the Gospel Values of the Catholic Church, which include respect, wisdom, justice, integrity and humility. Children’s rights and responsibilities are uppermost in making decisions which affect them and the dignity of each individual, made in the image and likeness of God, is recognised and respected at all times.
In St. Denis’ Primary our aims are:
· To continue to develop effective learning and teaching experiences in order to raise levels of achievement and attainment
· To provide a nurturing and motivating learning environment matched to the individual needs of all children
· To reduce inequality, celebrate social and cultural diversity and promote social justice and inclusion for all
· To work in partnership with parents, parishes and others in the community to encourage children to become active and responsible citizens
· To encourage the personal growth of children and staff as lifelong learners and effective contributors.